Monday, May 9, 2011

March 2011

March 2011, Time hurry's right on by no matter how I try to hold it back. On the 1st I thought I'd change the table cloth and make it more like spring. It didn't help the weather this month you'd think we were having winter again with snow wind and rain so often.
Brian Wright called to check up good to hear from him when he calls.
It was nice enough for a short walk today. I enjoy getting out walking around the block if it's not too cold and windy.
3-2 Went to the ward dinner tonight it is always nice to go to those things and see people other than at church. I look at the calendar and it is getting close to income tax time so I gathered all things I need to go see the tax man tomorrow. 3-4That's done now I can relax till I get the word on pay up are refund.
3-7 Had lunch with Clay and then Thirza called and invited me to have dinner with them and the folks that have been neighbors for some years now. We went to Sizzler and enjoyed a good meal and lots of talk and laughter. Bob and Pam sold their home and are leaving for the Boise area. They have been good neighbors and will be missed..
3-8 Had a call that CJ LeNell and boys are here and her parents Grant and Mary Peterson so off to lunch at Chuck Arama this day. Sure saves cooking for one!!!
3-9 Melba didn't get back from her Texas trip in time so we postponed our time together till next week. I was able to do the TLC thing that got changed to Weds. It was good to be with the ward sisters who went today. I got up to a whole flock of robins in my umbrella tree so maybe there is still hope for spring.
3-10 I got a much needed Perm today. It should be good for mine and Penny's trip the end of the month.
3-11 Karen's b/d today we went to Texas Rhoadhouse had a good meal and enjoyed being with them. Lanie had gotten a b/d cake so we went back to their home for the candles and cake and gift opening.
3-12 Cj and LeNell came and left the boys with grandparents as they flew to Atlanta for CJ's military meetings they will be gone a week. Andrew is with Clay and Karen and Avery with Peterson's.
3-16 Had lunch with Jeannette and Melba got a run down on Melba and Jolene's trip to see Marsha and Andy in Texas. We played Scrabble and I won a game for a change. Jeannette and I usually end up close second and third's.
I got my bags packed and Jeannette wants to take me to the S L Express stop . 3-28 left home to catch the bus to SLC and meet Penny so we can leave early from her home to fly to Dulles airport in Washington D.C. Am I excited??? The bus ride was uneventful with a few short stops to drop some off are pick some one up and have a pit stop are two.

Penny was there to get me and we met Jana, Parker, and Macie went to Carino's for lunch then went to Jana's for some fun with the children and visit with Jana. What a nice afternoon.
Then to Penny's and sleep morning arrived quick and we were up fed dressed and off to the airport before day break. One of Penny's ward members went the extra mile and took us to the airport early Tues. 29th and we were soon in the plane waiting to be airborne. After a day of flying and feeling oh so protected by having either 12 or 14 missionaries on board that plane we landed in New york then off to the next plane taking us to D.C. I'm glad they have wheel chairs and good folks who are willing to push them it was a long way to the terminal that would see us off to D.C. in a smaller plane.
Scott and children met us and took us to their apt. and oh such a good meal prepared by Denisse. We were finally there and settled in for a great week of fun and sight seeing. I can never thank My dear ones enough for the time spent with them.

Weds. 30th we went to the Library of Congress where there are shelves and shelves of books. Penny and Denissse went on the guided tour and I pooped out and went to the children's library and read to the little ones how ever the book Braden brought to me was for older children . Denisse rescued me from reading that one as they finished the tour. I loved being with those two young ones and seeing what interested them. Penny and Denisse found out there are 700 miles of shelves in that building and from what I saw I think they must have all been full but they get many books every day. The architecture is worth the visit.
Scott met us where we had lunch and I went in his car with him to the National Cathedral. We went on a tour for most of it but dropped out to head home. There is oh so many stained glass windows and beauty in that building. It is Denisse's favorite place and I saw why. They have several chapels and different church's hold their meetings there. She didn't tell us if the LDS faith hold any there. I again got in Scott's car for conversation and the ride home. Denisse again fixed a good meal for all of us and we visited and off to bed not real early. Poor Scott up and gone so early every morning.

Thursday with rain and wind and cold we headed into see the National Archives and George Washington University. The university is spread out over many blocks it seemed to me. At the National Archives some folks spoke and were friendly but one man who started in front of us dropped back to entertain the children with high fives and just being entertaining with them. He ask where we were from and when he heard I was from Idaho Falls he said he grew up in Rexburg. His last name Arnold and he lives in Salt Lake now as a lawyer.It was a fun thing while standing in line.
As I looked at the stained glass and all the beauty of those buildings I wonder how it all was paid for. It was interesting to see some of the original papers that made our country and the signatures of the men who signed them. Another good day we headed home as it is Scott's birthday. Denise had friends and family Email what they like about Scott. She and the kids cut out hearts and circles and she wrote and signed names on them then she taped them on the wall. She wanted 30 but got several more than that. Brielle and Braden had fun moving them around to their taste. Denisse made cupcakes for his birthday cake and after another wonderful meal we had birthday cake.
Fri. April 1st Denisse had a field trip with Braden's Pre school class and penny and I stayed at the apartment. I felt quite tired so we decided to opt out of going sight seeing. When Denisse got home we had lunch then she and Penny went grocery shopping. I stayed with the young ones and enjoyed the time relaxing and reading to them. Penny was so excited about that grocery store I almost felt bad that I missed it but glad I had time with the children.
I planned to fully catch up but my fingers are not doing well so will try for tomorrow to finish April's.

No comments: