Monday, February 28, 2011

JANUARY AND FEBRUARY COMBINED 2-28-20011

January- February

Well now I can't find my other posting for the Nov. Dec. part of my story. I guess I goofed up when I started that one. Had I gone to book marks back then I'd be connected. Oh such is me.
January 1st came in and has stuck in the cold snow mode almost every since. I spent the day at home alone thinking what to do about nativities that Jeannette wanted to come back and see before I took them down.

I enjoyed them so much it was hard to even think about the season being gone. Jeannette came Tuesday and when she left I started boxing them up as I did I wrote down how many I have counting the little home made ones and all others. 107 I think is the total.

I worked over some of the boxes of Christmas and other stuff to clean up the storage room a little. I enjoyed doing this project it took up some other wise lonely time. It took over a week to get it done. I can still work on it some if i take the notion.

The 5th was our ward dinner and that is always an evening of fun and enjoyment. They really get a big group out for that. People you don't see other wise and that is good because maybe that will bring them back are even help get them to join us.

8th Clay picked me up and we went to Sizzler for lunch with his friends Jim and Mark and Charleen. I enjoyed the food very much asI do when I go there. It is interesting to see how people choose the food to eat at the salad bar.

Saturday the 8th Aaron Sorensen came to visit and check on me he picked up his daughter and we had dinner together. I did have him check some electrical stuff and found out the lights were turned off in the washer area that I couldn't get to turn on out front. Happy I didn't have to call First Call Jewel are some thing like that. Our dinner for three was cheaper than the typical electrician.

Sunday 9th our ward conference was scheduled and we were aware it was time for a new bishopric. This one is as sweet as the others have been. It is always interesting to see who is called.

12th I paid a visit to Dr. Olson the tooth man found out he could replace one crown which he did then appointment made for the other tooth to be pulled. The crown on that tooth broke off too close to the gum's to replace. I'm becoming toothless "Annie".

13th since I couldn't do lunch with Melba and Jeannette yesterday and they refused to let me off for lunch we went today. Of course we had to play our monthly scrabble game. I lost all three games. Doug Bean came down this evening and snow plowed my drive way. His snow plow is too big to do the walk up to the front door so I did it. What would I do with out good neighbors in a time of need.

14th more snow and Steve cleaned the drive way today and my side walks. 19th we went to do some of the visiting teaching today. One sister at a time it seems.

15th Hair appointment and then the 60's and friends lunch at the church we had a big crowd today the most ever since it started three R.S. presidency's ago.

25th Susan called and invited me to have lunch with she Stewart and David and Arlene. we went to Bajio's as Arlene's favorite Mexican restaurant has closed. I did so enjoy being with them all again. Life has become so complicated it is hard to get anyone together. Stewart is about to head to Kuwait for work. 27th I went to lunch with Clay and Karen always a good time
.
29th Clay Karen Lanie and I went to Pocatello for lunch at Red Lobster. That can't be beat for dinner eating. The 31'st found me with the tooth man again and out came the molar that had been scratching my tongue for too long. I have a double hole there now with one lonley tooth in the back. That was a day of holding pressure on my gum and then next day start the rinsing for healing. I think I did it right it seems to be healed ok.
February
Another month has started on the 25th Thirza reminded me that we have 10 months till Christmas.
Feb. 2nd uncle Deward had number 93 didn't hear from them and I tried to call a number I have but no answer. Today Feb. 3 rd is Darleen's 95th she's out lived that Drs. prediction by 2 years now. I call her 2 or 3 times a week to check up and see how things are with she and Marilyn who moved in to be her care taker. I'm so greatful she has a good helpful daughter who is willing so she doesn't have to be in a care center.

Feb. 2nd was another ward dinner the young women used it as a fund raiser for girls camp. I hope they got a good return for their hard work in making and decorating the cakes cookies and cinnamon rolls.

Our new bishop is being broken in with his second funeral already. Jane Hilder's husband passed away and his funeral was today Saturday 5th. I sit by her in Sacrament meeting on the weeks she's there unless he was able to come with her which got to be less and less the past few years. The funeral was very good and the only thing it brought back so many memory's of grandpa and his funeral especially when bishop-Pres. Schmutz spoke. I have to admitI came home to shed a few tears.

The date with Melba and Jeannette came early this month the 9th. After going to O'Brady's for a good lunch we had our 3 game scrabble game and guess what I won one game this time. Shear luck it was. I managed to have the right things and enough space to put in a big word that done it. Then I lost one and was ahead of Jeannette by 2 points on the last. Melba usually wins them all.

Today before leaving to get my hair done I fixed a little B/D card and gift for Liz who cleans for me. When I came home she wanted to know how I knew it was her B/d. I confessed she told me last year and I wrote it on the calender. I think she would have cried if I'd been here when she came as she was so close as we talked. She told me she really needed that that day.

13th Penny came for a visit between storms. We watched the news to be sure when it was suposed to snow again. She and I went up to Rexburg for dinner that evening with Susan. Stewart left on short notice for Kuwait. I talked with Susan the other day and she said he's doing office things right now and that she feels that's a good place for him at this time. My hopes are that he can do it and help get them out of debt.

14th the door bell rang and I went to the door and the man from The Rose Shop handed me a beautiful bouquet from Clay Karen and Lanie. It has lasted till now and I need to let it go this day. Penny left the 16th and arrived home safe and sound then said I could have stayed till Friday. The snow didn't show up like it was going to. Weather people are wrong now and then also. Speaking of snow I've shoveled and a dear neighbor down in the next block has been coming down and removing snow at my place and at McClaskey's for the exercise since she can't walk all over this end of town due to the ice places and a fear of falling.

17th Our 60's lunch was today still had a big group a few less than in Jan. but it is good to see so many coming now. The pot luck food is always very enjoyable even the one time we had so many deserts. It is funny how you can make do with one meat and one salad rolls and butter with all the rest sweet stuff.

This a.m. there was so much snow and before getting ready for church my good friend Kathleen was out cleaning my drive way and walk. Her husband told me he tried to teach her to use the snow blower but she chooses the shovel for the exercise.

Monday 21st finished the visiting teaching this am at 9:30. My partner is back with Elaine Winn she told them she'd visit teach but only if they gave me back to her. Then told them who we'd visit teach so my people didn't change. One family was sick so we did a phone conversation I don't want nor need the flu bug.

Lanie had a special b/d this year and she called and invited me to go with them to Red Lobster and have you ever seen me turn down that invitation. We left about 10:30 had a very good meal then back to Idaho Falls for Clay to see his Dr. Lanie brought me home to relax for awhile then we met at the Paramount for a movie. Gullivers travels was a good movie from start to finish. We went to Clay and Karen's had cake and Ice cream then Lanie opened her gifts and seemed pleased with everything. It was a special day for her.

My new visiting teachers came today was good to have them as I've not had any for month's. I think some of the younger women in our ward don't want to be bothered with older folks like me. HA!!! Any way I'll enjoy the ones I have now.


Mond 28th Clay called and we had "Mexican Monday" today and the little snow that fell yesterday melted and wasn't enough to shovel Happy day.

Sunday 27th when I got home from church I had a call on my phone from Margaretta in Hokum
Texas. It's a small town in the south west part of the state. I called her back as she had called at Christmas and I forgot to call her back then with all the Christmas things. Our visit took me back to my days of going to get my LPN training at the old Sacred heart hospital. Margaretta is a black lady and she missed class one day so after class Sister Alverna ask me to wait she needed to talk with me. I wondered what I'd done now to need to be reprimanded. After the others left she ask how close I lived to Margaretta? I'm not sure what my answer was but she ask if I'd go pick her up each morning to get her to class. It turned out she didn't have a phone so I would go and she wasn't ready. I'd at first sit in the car to wait for her then one day she wasn't even up and from then on I just made my self at home and would do what ever to get us there on time. How many times I ironed her uniform I didn't keep track. Any thing to get her moving. Now she tells me she goes to church and tells the ladies all about me and what a dear friend I am. She told me she saw some of those young guy's from your church one day a few weeks ago. Hasn't seen them since so guesses they went to one of the other towns around there.

After our visit the doorbell rang and there was Duane and Sharon Perry. He is my old friend and neighbor Lillian Romondo's son. They have been called on a mission and will be working with less active folks in 4 of the Woodruff West Stake wards and my ward is one of them. It was so good to see them and hear about there family and this mission call. Duane ask if he could leave a word of prayer in my home and it felt good for the blessing.

Later J'Lene called and we had a fun visit. She said when Keith had his prostate removed the cancer had spread to one of his legs now it is in the other. He's getting treatment but doesn't sound good to me. He has had bouts with blood cancers also and lots of treatments..

Clay called said it was getting close to dark and he'd pick me up for Sunday dinner. Lanie made yummie Taco's and I ate my fill. Need I say I had a wonderful Sunday all day.

More another time.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Grandma, I had no idea that you had so many nativities! I guess we haven't been up there to visit around Christmastime for a very long time. I would try to come, but my kids would probably break all your decorations!

And, I really like the sound of "Mexican Monday"... what did you do? I imagine eat mexican food? It sounds good to me. We might start having Mexican Mondays around here. :) I have a sombrero somewhere...

I miss you and love you!

J said...

Jana- Salsa Sunday, Mexican Monday, Taco Tuesday....