November 6th 2010
Where oh where has this year hurried off to?? It is amazing that our years have started going so fast. When I was growing up some of the days were endless. Now it seems I get up and it is so soon noon then later in the day. Bed time comes faster than it used too.
November 6th was our new R/S presidency's day change for our TLC. Some of the sisters preffered Weds. so it was agreed to give it a try. Then since some sisters work they have decided to go on Weds. eve every 3rd week. I hope they had a good group last Weds. evening. Thirsa and I have been going together so on the sixth of Oct. we went and did have a good group If I remember right there was thirteen sisters there. It is always fun to eat in the cafeteria and catch up on what others have been doing.
On the 16th the stake put on a high priest dinner for all the wards in the stake. The food was good and the entrertainment turned out to be a fun laughable stage show. One of the guys is a lawyer and is Jack and Lois Perry's son Steven who was'nt very old when they moved across town and quite being our neighbors. One other was a Dr. I can't remember his name and the other a physical theripist I worked with at the old LDS Hospital. After it was over I went over and talked with him and we renewed some of the work we each did and talked about old friends.. A very good evening.
On the 13th we had a ward dinner our almost monthly one. Thirsa picked me up and we had a good time at that one. Oh and lunch was with Jeannette and Melba we went to the Pita Pit. Melba and I needed some instruction on what to add. Ours was rather dry.
Arlene called me on the 20th and took me to lunch for my birthday. Chuck had her get me a bouquet and it was fall colors and gorgeous. I had my hair done came home and Liz was here she said come look what came and there was another beautiful bouquet in fall colors from Clay Karen and Lanie. My thanks to all.I had several phone calls and lots of B/d cards. I went to the 60's and friends lunch and got there about noon was handed a card with evryones names etc. on it. One of the sisters bought me a b/d cake and most everyone who went had brought dessert dishes. I didn't sample everything are I'd have come home sick. I went to Panda Express got some Lemon Chicken and it was all slurped up. One sister told me how happy she was that I took chicken are our lunch would have not been so great.
When I came home from the lunch the front part of the hedge was trimmed down so now I see over it when I back out to the street. Very helpful for me.
I sent for some new mocassins since the house slippers Verelan gave me many years ago were shot. I sent to Lands End for them and am enjoying them. The only thing is it looks like I got two for the right foot. I decieded to wear them anyway and I think when I ordered them over the phone the lady told me to get a size bigger than my shoes and I think she knew all they have is right footed and I'd need the extra room in the for my left foot.
Sunday 31's was a bad night here in I.F. we had a storm that uprooted lots of trees and folks had power outage for the night and into the next day. My trees all stood the blowing.
Now for being Thankful this November month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am glad you've had an enjoyable month. We are so sorry we couldn't be in Idaho for your birthday.
Post a Comment