April 1st
Since I'm still in D.C. area [at least in my head]for a few days yet must go on from here about our trip. Scott's b/d was the 31st of March and Kara's the first of April then Penny's the 9th what a great time for a b/d dinner. Ryan and Kara said they would drive down from Cleveland to see us while we 're here so I told the b/d folks I'd take them all to dinner.
2nd Since Scott didn't have rounds at the hospital we had breakfast and took of for more sight seeing. It was decided to rent a wheel chair for me and Scott did most of the pushing. Penny relieved him a few spells so he could attend to the needs of his children now and again. They each had a few short rides with me in the wheel chair. We saw the cherry blossoms and although they were white mostly this year it is a pretty sight to see. Between rain storms we did go see the Washington memorial, the Lincoln memorial and if you have any ideas of him being a tall man you see this.
We ate lunch in the car since it decided to rain more. We were parked on a bridge ready to head out when the rain came. Lunch was great and I as usual eat too much. When the rain went away we took off to see the Vietnam wall and the World war two memorial. that was the high light of my trip and I'm so thankful to my loved ones who made it possible. We found the memorial to grandpa that Penny submitted after he passed away. My many thanks again for taking me there.
It was getting late and Ryan and Kara was on their way to have B/d dinners and visit over night. The place Scott first chose was a 3 hour wait so we went to a Mexican place with about 30 min. wait. It is as good as Puerta Vallarta and that's hard to beat. It was so good to see Ryan and Kara and the boy's. Christopher was hungry and really got into eatting spreading stuff all over his cute innocent looking face. We returned to Scott and Denisse's for conversation and off to bed. Ryan kara and the boy's all slept on the floor. They had an air mattress and sleeping bags for Nathaniel and Christopher.
Denisse and Scott served a good breakfast and the four children played and it was cute watching the fun. At noon Scott set up the lap top and connected us to general conference. We all watched and listened to that session of conference even the children were pretty good about sitting down for most of the time. I kept thinking they are still little children and are doing their best.
Ryan and Kara packed up and left for home and a long drive back to Cleveland. It was hard to let them go but Ryan needs his education. It was good to have a little visit time with them. After dinner and 4 o'clock we again watched the last conference session which I enjoyed.
Monday the children didn't have pre school so off to see the Arlington cemetery. It was the best day weather wise and we were comfortable with out jacket's. We bought tickets to ride the buses. I say buses because each time you got off to see some thing you got on a different bus to the next stop. I see how wise that is as nothing gets too crowded with buses and people. We saw where President and Jackie Kennedy and their son are oh there are so many head stones some back to the civil war. I'm glad we had the bus to ride I'd never have made it walking. Denisse then drove us over by the Iwo Jima memorial another impressive memorial.
It is April 4th and we had to be at the airport really early so Dennise and children were up early and we said our good byes to Scott who was off to make rounds and spend the day in the hospital. We loaded our luggage and our selves in the car for a drive to catch the plane.
Oh Scott and Denisse i'll never be able to thank you enough for such a wonderful vacation and good time spent with your family.
The weather was not great and I'm thankful we had a good pilot as there was oh so much turbulence all the way to New york. The flight attendant sat up front on her chair facing us for the whole time. No refreshments to whet an appetite and no drinks they might have spilled all over anyway. We landed in New York found our place to wait to board. They called for the A tickets then B's and C's then D's that was ours. It sure saved a lot of scrambling over folks and seemed a good way to load. The A's were in the fancy seats then B's at the back and filled in each section. We had turbulence off and on all the way back to SLC. The flight attendant announced no peanuts so we eat pretzels a couple of times and the cookie that went with it and we did get a drink. By the time we got to SLC we were hungry. We found a Pizza place and Burger King. I went for burger King burger and Penny had Pizza. Remind me not to order a Cheese burger again. As I waited for Penny a fellow sitting at a table reading are what ever on his computer
said you better sit down here are you may not get a place. With that I sat down when he left Penny ask why I sat there so I told her I was invited to sit there. Then it was off to catch my ride back to Idaho Falls and Penny's friend to pick her up. I got a nicer bus but the same fellow drove me back that drove down.
Lyle Omanson called Clay for us to meet and have lunch and visit time with him. So on the 7th we had Mexican. I see it snowed on the 8th quite a lot off the white stuff that evening I felt rather miserable and by Saturday I didn't care if the world went around with or without me. I was sick so stayed home Sunday from every thing. Karen had Clay bring me food and that tasted good. Monday I called and hurried over to the Dr. the lady who was to be first told them to take me back as I was sick. I kept tissues in front of my mouth and nose all the time not wanting to spread it. He put me on a Z pack and I spent the rest of the week trying to recover. On the 12th Marilyn called to tell me about Darleen's passing. I spent that week at home trying to fight off the bug. On Sunday the 17th Clay, Karen, Lanie and Holly and I drove to Provo for Darleen's funeral on Monday.
All her family's arrangements went well and it was a beautiful service. We came home Monday evening got here about 9:30. Holly returned home with Her mom, Arlene and Denese.
Weds 20th had lunch with Jeannette and Melba since I was to sick on our usual Weds. I beat the first game of scrabble all an accident I'm sure. Then it was down hill from there.
The rest of the month I tried to set up visiting teaching and we caught two with one getting ready to leave for Reno to visit family all of May. On the 30th I did go out cut the raspberries and cleaned them out. I also felt like it was a good days work on the best day of the month.
More next month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad you and Penny were able to visit the Scott, Denisse and kids and the DC area! I am also glad you eventually got over that bug. Thanks for all you do for us Grandma!
Post a Comment