August September stuff 2010
Since I let August slide by thought I'd combine these 2 months this time. So here goes for what ever my memory brings back.
On Aug. 3rd a Tuesday Thirsa and Idrove to Tremonton to see Sharifa and her family for a day. We went to brigham City for lunch and a fun afternoon in the park where Ethan played on the fun things they have for children. It was in a shady place so I enjoyed sitting and watching as we visited. We got home around 7 that evening and I felt good about the day. Thirsa took a picture with me holding Daisy but Ethan wouldn't have anything to do with it.
Since Andra was getting ready to leave Idaho for Arizonia she and Lanie brought stuff to store in my basement and put things in the garage to be taken to a friend of Lanie's.The things in the garage all disappeared in a few days Most of the basement storage left with Rob and Jana. Andra came one day to visit before leaving for Az. I was happy she did since no telling when I'll see her again. Lanie and I miss having her around.
I worked in the yard alot in Aug. hoping I had control of grass and weeds but it turns out its back in places I don't want.
On the 11th my dads birthday date I saw Dr. Birch in the a.m .Then had lunch and scrabble with Jeannette and Melba. Dr. B. said there was a slight change in my right eye but not enough to be conserned about. the eye drops are expensive but worth the dollars if they keep working and I keep my eye sight. Oh what would I do if I couldn't read???
I had lunch with Thirsa and Sally today since Sally had suggested it some time ago. It was a good time on the 12th.
Bishop Brundage's son married the 13th and I went with Steve and Thirsa to the reception and fancy meal in the back yard. Wind and all but a good day for the newly weds. Also this was the day Andra was able to finish some last minute things and head out for Jana's and Az. She arrived at both destinations safely and is settled in in Thatcher.
Lenell and boys came to spend a few hours with me before they head to Montana Thursday 19th. They did stop in for Aiden a potty break as they were headed to Montana friday. I'd made some strawberry and Raspberry jam I shared with them. On Weds.
we went to the visitors center and walked the temple grounds and after all these many years I saw things I didn't know was there to be enjoyed by all.
Since the church and some of the sisters was doing a luncheon for one of the ward members funeral our over sixty's was cancelled this month.
Penny came to Idaho and she and I went to Driggs for Shauna High Gulso's daughters wedding.We left here about 9ish and stopped at the cemetary in Wilford. I got a few in expensive flowers to share on graves while there. We hunted for Reba's and finally found it right where Penny tried to tell me.
We got to Driggs early and had talked of driving over to Jackson before the 6 p.m. wedding. Penny kept asking if she should take a side street here and there in Jackson and I told her to just keep going.We found where the elk are fed in the winter and kept going. My golden age pass got us into the park and she drove over around Jenny's lake stopped for a few pic.s and oh what a beautiful place that part of Wyoming is. On our way out we stopped at an Artic Circle for a quick sandwich then wished we hadn't eaten that as the food at the wedding was oh so good. Catered by Chizz's from St. Anthony. umum good!! Erma and Judy was there to visit with and what a beautiful day it was. On the 25 th Penny headed home and I had lunch with Clay and Karen always good company. I got a perm on the 26th a much needed one.
On Sat. the 28th it was my class reunion. Wind and Rain accompnied all of us to the yard of Alda Remmington by the Snake River. On my drive up there I wondered what we'd all look like for pictures since it kept raining and stopping. When I arrived I saw everyone was inside the garage. There was 39 who showed up from all the classes from the early 40's. In the letter Blanche and Curly Angell wrote to send pictures the other day she showed a bit of humor. She wrote " we hear of 'garage sales' but this was the first time for us to throw a " GARAGE HIGH SCHOOL REUNION AND HAVE IT TURN OUT TO BE SO MUCH FUN'. Just goes to show that old folks know how to get a around a problem.. Alda our hostess said we'll just clean out the garage and thank goodness she has a three car one. The weather cleared enough to get group pictures. What the years have done to those of us from the "greatest generation"??'
On the 31 st Steve told me I have a leak in my sprinkler system. Oh is me. that should do for Aug.
Sept. 1st I went to the TLC and it was very very enjoyable. It is always good to be in the temple. On the 6th Clay Lanie and I attended Jim's daughters wedding in Pocatello. It was a real shindig. It was at a hotel with lots of extra's and good food again. It was fun to be with Clay and Lanie.
The 8th was lunch with Melba and Jeannette and scrabble again. I may one day get ok at it if I'm careful.
Penny came on Friday 10th and we packed our car for a trip to Salmon and then on to Great Falls. At Reba's funeral she and J'Lene planned a trip for Salmon and some help going thru stuff Ruth had collected over the years. We got there and got lost finding J'Lene and Blaines country home. The directions were good just the distractions got us lost sorta. We called J'Lene and she came and met us to guide us in. She is out in the country out along the mountains oh so pretty. We saw lots of deer that must have been hiding from bow and arrow hunters. However Blaine said they are there year round eating on garden and trees if they can get to them.
Penny and J'Lene spent lots of hours enjoying the time together and laughing till the wee hours. Of coures I was the party pooper and went to bed by 11 or so. We attened church at their ward and had three very good meetings. A lot of the food came from Blaines garden and I loved the fresh things we had. We went into Salmon on tuesday and while J'lene went to work at the senior citezens Penny and I went and walked around the Sakajuweia memorial. We didn't go on the outside walking tour as we didn't have that much time before we needed to go back and have lunch. When all was cleaned up we went back to J'Lenes and worked on the treasures from long ago. Penny and J'Lene scanning and adding to our history.
Weds. A.m. we left for Great falls and drove thru some of the most beautiful country to get there. We had to be rescued by LeNell and Aiden to lead us into their home. We had till Sunday to enjoy being in CJ and Lenells new home and enjoy the family. The boys seem to be settled in and Avery has a new best friend a few houses down the block.
Sat. CJ and Lenell Avery and Aiden and took us to see the Falls that Great falls was named for and where Lewis and Clark took there canoes around them. after that we headed out and stopped at the Sacajewia and Lewis and Clark museum. My golden age pass got us all in as it is a national park. We all did so enjoy seeing the many things they have and reading some of the history. There was a couple with some of those big dogs like the one I think Lewis took on that trip. Aiden did get friendly with one of them and manged to pet it. That was fun to watch and the guides were kind and patient with him.
Penny got on the internet and found a note from Marilyn that Darleen was really sick and scared me so instead of staying for church we left ou dear ones abd headed home. The drive was good and we arrived about 1:30 I think Jana and Rob had come stayed over nite on Thurs. drove to yellowstone for an overnight stay and did enjoy the park. when we got here they were at church in my ward. Jana came in and took over cooking a good meal for all of us and we enjoyed our visit with them. Parker and Macie have grown so much since last time they were here. Parker and I played with the little cars he had lined up on the table on the Patio. He told me what to do and as best I could I did what he ask. Macie loves to play with Parker and thinks she's as big as he. It was good to have them here for a short time. Rob invited me to lunch on monday with them before they left. Penny left soon after breakfast and headed right down to Provo to check on Darleen. She went back on Friday and will go tomorrow the 28th so Darleen told me today. She said she had called her bishop yesterday and got hi clerk to come and they gave her a blessing. She said to me today I don't know when I'll but he gave me such a beautiful blessing that I didn't ask him to do. She is such a dear sweet lady and I hope our Heavenly Father leaves her here for some time yet.
Saturday Arlene called and invited me to go to the womens conference with she and Brecca. Of course I jumpd at the opportunity. We went to the North Stake Building by the temple had dinner and watched the conference. Arlene thought i might see lots of people I knew but I only saw one. Where were all the sisters from the stake that I once knew. It was good being with Arlene and Brecca reminded me of when Jossine and girls and i all met at Rexburg for womens conf. and had eaten at one of the restauraunts up there sorta a tradition hang over to be with some of that family again.
I came home from Mont. with some kind of a bug have coughed and spit all week. After yesterday coughing all day I broke down and saw the Dr. today or his nurse practioner. She ordered ampecillin for me and I hope aftr 10 days I'm cured of this bug.
I will post this now and head up to bed as I have a head achey feeling.
About for got to mention I ginally got the sprinkler thing repaired Last week. So good to not be pulling hoses and depending on rain. Good night all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, grandma, I didn't know you were still sick from that bug! I'm so sorry. I hope you start feeling better soon!
I hope you're better now. Thanks for the tour. Whenever someone writes about trips to Yellowstone or Tetons or some such, I get all homesick for mountains and broad valleys, for rivers and lakes and streams and ponds, for green and white.... places like Idaho and Montana and Wyoming and Germany. Thanks.
It was so nice to have you and Penny here. I miss you guys! I am sorry for the circumstances when you left and that you got sick. Neither of which, are the least bit enjoyable. Feel free to come again!
Post a Comment