Saturday, August 7, 2010

July Blogin' Aug. 7th already

On Thursday July first Jana and Denisse came from Utah was so good to see them all and spend good time with them.
7-1 Darleens grandson Brandon one of Bonnies twins brought her up for Reba's funeral. It was so fun to get to know him as a young man and have he and Darleen as over night guests. Penny arrived on Fri. ready to head up to Wilford for the funeral. Brandon and Darleen followed in his car as they needed to leave as soon after as possible. It was so special he brought Darleen and he is so attentive to her.
The funeral was very sweet and I learned a few things about her I didn't know. Her R/S sisters did a great job on the dinner and I think everyone enjoyed the visiting. It was like a small reuion with a one or more representatives from each family. I'm sure our parents were pleased with such good folks.
Andra came and spent the night so she could visit with Jana and love the cutie's. On Sunday Jana and Andra left for their respective places and Penny and I were alone. My house started to feel empty as it does when ever family come then leave. Now I know how my own mom felt when we'd visit and leave she and dad in Ogden.
Can't remember if Penny and I did anything on Monday other than she sorted out some baby quilt blocks she sewed for a lady who visits Darleen. Oh and Jana took some to sew up and she and Penny had a sewing quilt day one day this month. Thanks Jana for helping it is a service project. In case you didn't know Marilee was so pleased with all the hard work and was thrilled over how pretty each one was.
the 6th Penny left and stopped to tutor Andrew so she didn't have to go back on Weds. thanks Lenell for making changes. Our ward summer picnic was this evening and it was held in a members yard I think we used more than one yard. It was so nice and cool in the shade. Thirsa picked me up and we went in her new Toyota SUV.
Clay and I had lunch together maybe went for noodles at Huas or we went to Applebee's either way it was a good time. Thur. 8th Clay and Jim mowed the lawn and we went to Porta Valarta for lunch. They seem to be our choice for Mexican food.
Andra had her art shown at the BYU-I library and Karen Denisse and Brielle and Braden came and picked me up to go for a good evening. Our Andra has sure become a very good artist in case anyone is interested she should be famous one day.
It seems most of the month I either did little are didn't wrtite it down. I saw my tooth Dr. on Weds for a filling again. Is it any wonder my teeth are so awful when we used home made tooth brushes from willows and brushed with hand soap most of the time. Probably Good old Ivory Bar soap. I didn't learn to care for my teeth very well.
14th Had our monthly lunch with Melba and Jeannette. we went to the little deli down in the old O E Bell School. They weren't as busy as some times but the food is always good. Then we played scrabble I almost won one game.
24th saw the good Dr. and he checked my Blood for Potassium since I started having leg cramps again. The nurse called and had me up the dose to 30 mgm. that seems to be the place I need it to keep my potassium level at a good place. He and wife and two daughters left on the 27th to go to Paraguay to vist her parents. She became my visiting teacher companion still have to catch up with her to go with me or me with her.
25th Today was the 60's and friends luncheon held in Margarets back yard. We had a front row seat to watch the air show practice. My it is interesting how close they fly and never run into each other. They did the show on the 30th and 31st. I didn't see much from my house but heard a lot then on Sunday after church as I was headed home 4 of them flew over.
Clay had ask me when I wanted to visit Darleen again so he Lanie and I went down on Weds 28th. Darleen had fixed our lunch as she wanted to visit and can't hear in restraunts. For a 94 1\2 year young that should have been gone over a year ago she amazes all of us. After a good time at her home we left and stopped to visit the CJ Jensen family and Penny was there also. Lenell had cooked dinner for us all so all in all a great day for me at least.
Liz had family visiting so didn't come clean and that is ok with just me here I don't get too awful dirty. on the 31st I went to the store for a few things and spent the rest of the day lazying around. That is my story for this time.

1 comment:

CJ & LJ said...

It is always so nice to see you and visit with you, Grandma. I am so glad you stopped by on the way home. I know it extends your trip.