June 2010
I got up and decided it was past time I update this. So much has happened in a short month. Plus where does the month run off too so quickly???????
June was our wards turn to give lessons at the care center Relief Society. I talked with the coordinator and ask if I could do the first two lessons as I was having company and Dentist and Dr. so I gave them on the 2nd and again on the ninth. Little did I know then what would be happening in my life as the month progressed.
It was late in May that Reba called and told me she had a fast growing cancer. She wasn't that day sure if she would go on with chemo. When we visited her on memorial day she was on her bed with the blinds pulled and had decieded to not go on with the treatments. We talked with Stacey then came home. Clay and Penny both were so pleased we had stopped to see her.
On the 4th I took my car to Toyota for the recall things. They ran it through a quick wash for me. At last the winter grung was gone.
Jeannette, Melba and I went for lunch today June 9th. We went to the Hard Hat and none of us was too impressed. We do need to go to some of the places different that is in our price range's. I'm not sure we'll go back. It is my turn to pick for July I think and where do I pick???
On the 10th I went for my recommend to be renewed. Saw Bisop Brundage then Pres. Schmutz. Some way Verelan was talked about with both of these good men and they told again what a good man he was. It makes me feel good to know I found such an honorable man for my husband and father of my children.
Since my recommend had expired Thirsa and I went for our own TLC today the 15th on Chucks b/d . It felt good to be in the temple.
CJ and Lenell and children stopped in for the night on their way to Great Falls. It is so nice having them here and to see the boys. Andrew stayed with Clay and Karen while they went and he told me one day that grandpa took him out to shoot the guns. Then he told me the bullets cost twenty dollars. I told Clay and he said well for that kind of shooting I get the cheap ones and laughed.. They went several times and he shot 500 rounds so maybe it cost twenty. He enjoyed the shooting and being with his grandpa and Emme.
The 19th my visiting teacher came and we had a great visit. She wanted to know about me and I wanted to know about her so as we visited she ask which cemetary grandpa was in and I told her she lit up and offered to take me up there to visit his grave. I'll do it one day but not today. She is into family history and visits cemetary's around to find ancestors.
I visited one of the ladies we're to visit that has been putting me off. I'm glad I got to see her. Her husband has surgery the 22nd.
I spent times on the phone with Reba's family trying to see if I got up there if I could see her again. I talked with Debbie and she said she's in so much pain they're keeping her sedated and she might know you for a few seconds and she might not. I'm so greatful we saw her when she was able to visit a little with us and was clear in her mind.
June 28th I got a phone call from Reba's granddaughter in law telling me Reba had passed on. La Donna was so sweet and would let me know when the funeral would be then she gave me her phone number and I need to call her.
I saw Dr. Olson the 30th as I lost the crown off one of my molars. My tongue told me it was in such awful shape I'd have another extraction but I learned to not let my tongue do the talking. He built it up and said now lets hope that will stay as long as it needs to. Could I ask for more????
CJ and Lenell returned with good news about the home they found to be home owners for the first time in their married life. I'm proud of them for being able to finally put down roots!!! They spent a couple of night here before heading back to Clinton and The time went too fast.
My dear neighbors Steve and Thirsa have a grandson at Primary Childrens Hospital with a Carsanoma I can't remember how to spell it but the out come isn't good. I've been here for Thirsa as she has been here for me so much. I'm the "grandma in the city by grandma and grandpa in the city"and am included in their granddaughter Harley's prayers that way. I love it.
Well for now that's it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Please let Thirsa know that if her children needs a place to stay or eat or even just shower while they are in SLC with their son, we're more than happy to help.
Post a Comment