Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Here goes. 6-9-2010

6-9-10

I keep thinking I'll get last months Blog done then it gets set aside. I hope I can remember all that happened as I look at my calendar notes.
Arlene and Davids Ryan got home from his mission and Allie waited for him after she completed her mission. They met at ByU-I before their misssions. On May first I went to Deidre's for a bridal shower for Allie. It was fun and they got lots of nice gifts. Was good to see some of the relatives I haven't seen for a while. It was cool so I wore a jacket then left it on the couch. Arlene brought it home and I claimed it a few days later.
On the 3rd I saw Dr. Behrends for a follow up on the test and to see if he approved of the pill Dr. Mueller put me on. He did and if I remember to take it half an hour before I eat it works other wise I still Belch some.
Thirza and I went to the R/S T.L.C. there was only four of us there but is such a good feeling to be in the Lords house. One lady had to leave but we three had an enjoyable lunch and conversation.
Today the fifth I took my recyling stuff to the place across the river. I didn't think a number of years ago that I had enough to recycle so I'm a bit surprized how fast it collects.
I met Arlene at Bush school to get my jacket today the 5th. She was picking Brecca's daughter up from kindergarden. Then today the 6th I needed my jacket as I got up to a snowy day.
Ryan and Kara came got here Sat. 8th. They stayed at Clay and Karens so I had my lawn mowers back for a short time. Nathaniel and Christopher helped mow was like old times having them come do my yard. Thanks for all your good help.
I got new home teachers and visiting teachers my home teachers came brought me a bowl of strawberries and visited for about 20 min. then left to go home for family home evening. Still haven't seen the visiting teachers. I was also assigned a new visiting teacher companion. She teaches and was winding down the last part of her school year so I went alone this month.
Melba Jeannette and I had lunch and played scrabble. My score isn't great but some times it is better than when I started.
Ryan and Kara mowed my lawn and trimmed it between storms on the 13th. On the 14 th Penny came so she could see the Jensens while they were here. That was also mine and grandpa's anniversary. Arlene had called and invited me to go to the Wizzard of Oz as she had some grand daughters in it. On Sat. 15th I left the family members who was here and spent a few hours watching the show. It was really cute.
Penny left Weds. 19th to stop and tutor Andrew on her way home from a very good visit. I had an appointment to visit one of my ladies and get aquainted with her. The other lady just wanted a phone call again so that is all I could do. Penny had cooked some yummy chicken for our dinner Tuesday and there was some left over so I took it to the over sixties lunch. It still was good and I need the reciepe to give Thirza. Ryan Kara and Clay and I went to lunch at Porta Vallarta then went over to the community Park for the boys to play and Clay took Emme for a walk I joined him to walk around the park then Ryan and Kara joined us with the boys. It is a good place to walk if you have the stamina. Saw one of the nurses I worked with long years ago at the old L.D.S. hospital. She has a bad heart and walks for her health.
Cj and Lenell came so they could see Ryan and Kara. It was fun having them here and the boys were so sweet. I'm glad they come stay are I wouldn't hardly see them. They all went to church with Karen and Lanie I went to my late church. I had dinner with all of them and came home left them to enjoy an evening of games and fun and visiting.
We had dinner with Lenells folks at the Fire House Grill The food was good and the company great. The boys stayed here and took care of themselves and the house was in good condition when we returned. They left for home after Lenell pulled weeds and grass for me on Tuesday. She really went to work on the back yard. Thanks so much and I've been able to sorta keep the weeds down since then. The rest of the week was uneventful.
Sunday the 23rd. I drove up to Susan's ward for Josh to report his mission. Stewart got home for a two week vacation and Jake was there also. All of Stewart and Susans family was there and Josh gave a very interesting talk. He was in the west Indies. Joe and Sara blessed their baby after the block and Brent was ordained a high priest. I didn't dare stay as I was alone and felt I might be to tired to drive home if I stayed for all the festivities and Penny was comimg.
Penny came home that day for memorial day. Some ward members invited her to ride with them.
On Monday memorial day Karen was on call so Clay Penny and I went to the cemetery's. We went up to Wilford first then stopped to see Reba. She has cancer and the Dr. said it is a fast growing kind she decieded to not have the chemo this time. Stacey talked with Dr. Dickson don't know what he said but its not good for her. They got a hospital bed and hospice, the ward r/s is taking meals in so Darleen told me via phone last night. I'll call Reba tomorrow and see how she is feeling. I'm sad about her condition. Jeff will come and she hopes he won't be too late.
The 31st was another b/d for Clay and Jana she wasn't here to have dinner with us but Penny and I and Karen went to Olive Garden for his B/D. I enjoyed the evening and hope the others did also. Lanie went to Rexburg for school stuff so missed the B/D dinner. Well more another day.

1 comment:

CJ & LJ said...

We enjoyed staying with you Grandma. I hope we didn't drive you nuts. We'll be up for a quick stopover on the 15th of this month before heading to MT to house hunt. If we're done early up there, we'll be back down to visit.