Monday, March 15, 2010

MORE FROM UNEDITED THINGS 4-1510-

PENNY CAME FOR A FEW DAYS AND I TOLD HER I HAVE THINGS WRITTEN IN SEVERAL BOOKS AND I DON'T WANT TO REPEAT MY SELF A LOT WHAT SHOULD I DO? SHE SAID JUST START TYPING SO HERE GOES.
It was Oct. 21,1924 that I came into this world to join an older brother and three sisters. Mom always said there was a snow storm during the night so the Dr. had to travel out to Twin Groves from St. Anthony in a storm. I came into this world at my parents fairly new home. I think my brother James Baker preceeded me by two years in Nov. 1922 being born there also.
Mom always said she gave me the name Donna because she liked it. So I was blessed Donna Farrimond by our bishop E.P. Peterson in the Twin Groves ward -Yellowstone Stake. I don't remember the date for some reason!!!
My father John William farrimond was born Aug,11,18-- and as he always said at Ince Near Wiggan, Lancashire,England. He was about 9 months old when he came with his family James and Margaret Barton Farrimond and his sisters Ann, Jane and Leah. they settled in Kaysville, Utah later moving to Idaho.
Mom {Millie} was born in Williamson Settlement{now Vidor} Texas on Oct. 7th 18--. Her parents were William Chester and Lucettia Williamson Baker.
Some years later when missionaries could go on missions when a bit older than 19 dad went on a mission to the southern states mission and that is how this story began. After his mission he returned to Texas to work and court and win the affections of Millie. They married Feb. 7,1915 in Texas and stopped in Salt Lake to be sealed in the temple. Mom got one of three patriarical blessings while in the temple by patriarck Smith. They continued their journey to Idaho all the travel was on the train. They were sealed on March --,1919.

Well back to me. I was a crier almost from birth and was a skiney little thing {believe it are not}. One day while mom was in town and I was making lots of noise a Dr. stepped out of the drug store and ask what was wrong and ask to see me. The Dr. told mom she was starving me to death. Iwas still a scrawny little creature when dad took the older kids to the circus. On their arrival home Ruth told mom she saw a smidget just like Donna thus I became midget or smidge at home. My first memories was when I was about two and I got a new coat.
I couldn't have been much over two when we went to Salt Lake in the old model T. Ford with side curtains. the wind shield was glass but the curtains had some other stuff for windows. The trip started before dawn and it was as I remember dark when we arrived at mom's cousins home. To show respect for our elders we learned to call her aunt Edna. I remember playing outside in a dirt pile and other than that I remember little else besides riding in the car. That was the trip when Baker needed to " so he lifted the side curtain and sprinkled the streets of Salt Lake, that I remember from the story being told several times.
When I joined this family besides my parents the first born was Bonnie Darleen [now 94 yrs young} She was such a happy cheerful person all her life. Alberta followed a couple of years latter and brought much comfort and joy to the family in many ways. Ruth was 3rd and always seemed she was rather dependant and scared of things not there [Except in her imagination].Baker the first son and such joy and love he showed. He was my big brother and was so good and considerate of all the family. I was next then Jack arrived. The folks had wanted a boy when I came so is it any wonder I became the Tom Boy of the family. I did for lots of years wish I'd been the boy next to Baker. Jack was next and such a timid child but was so kind and respectful of the folks. He was a good son brother husband and father. Reba was number seven and became one of the little girls. Jossine Marlou completed the family and we had the big girls the boys and the little girls and Donna.
My life started out in a beautiful new home where Jack also joined us. Memories are few in that house I was happy and well cared for. I vaguley remeber grandma Baker visiting from Texas once [I think} . The house had three bedrooms a small room that some day was to become a bathroom. A large living dinning room and a nice sized kitchen. The basement wasn't finished it was a frame house and would have been a very comfortable place to live for our family of eight children and parents. More another time from this tablet.

No comments: