My only blood relatives living in Idaho was Uncle Joe and Aunt Leah and their two adult children Vernon and Ramona. Vern was married to Lucretia Blood from Kaysville. They all moved to twin Groves together. Verdale, Billy, Lalamae, and Genevive were their children. Ramona was about thirty when she married Earl Cazaer. He was her love from earlier years but I think Aunt Leah and Uncle Joe interfered. His first wife died and he brought two children into the marriage with Ramona there names Callis and Fontella. I'm not sure how many they had together but I think four. Guess what I can't pull up their names.
Dads sisters Jane and Alice left and went to Caifornia and Washington. I only remember seeing them once when they came to visit one summer. Aunt Alice was dressed to the T's with a big wide brimmed hat. Maybe thats why I remember them that hat was something too see as a young child. Aunt Jane had several children but I don't remeber ever seeing any of them. Aunt Alice I'm not sure if she ever married are if she was divorced. The stories was whispered where childrens ears didn't get included and I never ask after I grew up. I think mom was afraid her influence might rub off on us so we didn't really get to know her only at a distance.
We had some adults like Uncle Charlie Law we called uncle and aunt's as we were not allowed to call adults by their first names. Any others were always Mr. or Mrs. so and so. Uncle Charlie was started way long before I could remember as he tried to get mom to have us call him Charlie and she refused as her children needed to learn respect for their elders. He then suggested we call him uncle Charlie as Mr. Law sounded to old to him. He was a great uncle to have since we had so few relatives around. His wife died and left him to finish raising their children. They turned out to be such a good family and fun loving friends. When he died I remember going to the house where his body was in front of the front window in the casket. There was to be a front porch that the cement hadn't been poured across to walk on. I don't think that was ever completed.
Mom's cousin Ada Gallier lived in Salt Lake and we called her aunt Ada and Uncle Lonnie Kersher was her husband. They had four daughters I think maybe more. A friend Mattie Lou was another adopted aunt. Her husband was uncle Ted and they lived in Salt Lake then Idaho Falls. We saw them a very few times due to transportation problems on both ends. Aunt Edna sent her three children up from Salt Lake one summer for mom to run herd on along with us. Merel. Jeannette, and little Edna spent that summer with us some times it was nice but other times they worried mom a lot. We could argue and get into trouble as if we were sibblings.
That summer Darleen came home for the summer while Chet moved to Bisbee, Arizonia from Texas to work in the copper mines. He and his brother came to get Darleen and we all had to go to the sandhill's for a party before they went south to Arizonia. We climbed and rolled down the sand hill till dark when a bonfire was started and a picnic took place with a water melon to feast on.. As the fire died down and was covered with sand we returned home with sand in our hair and clothes. We still didn't have indoor plumbing so water was heated on the stove and hair brushed and shampoed and bath's taken then into bed for relaxed sleep. That sand seemed to be every where for day's after a party.
Mom's sister aunt Bernice, Her daughter Louise and aunt Delia's daughter Annie came one summer from Texas. That was such fun and memorable time having them there. Mom enjoyed having "Bernice" with her. In my memories I still see and hear them talking and laughing day and night. That was the time I told Richard Hill Annie wouldn't go with him as she could eat soup off his head. My mouth seemed to get me in trouble fairly often as I grew up. I probably would have ben deeper in trouble if Aunt bernice hadn't laughed so long and loud.
I'm out of notes in that tablet so another time and another piece of paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment