Friday, December 4, 2009

nov. 4th 2009

I decided I best get on with this last months happenings. since Nov. 1st was sunday I attended church and had dinner with Clay Karen and Lanie. They are so good to have me have dinner with them and I do enjoy the time with them.

Jana and Rob Parker and Macie came to visit. Rob did lots of the meal cooking and we ate very good meals. Thanks for the visit and all the fun things we did. On tuesday we went to the day old bread store then since it was a fairly warm day we went to feed the geese and ducks. It was fun watching Parker and he about got eat by one old goose. That bird grabbed a whole slice of his bread from his hand it scared him and he was sure the goose was trying to eat him. Rob stood him on the bench but he decieded to go over by the falls and feed the birds in the river. None of the birds followed us there so he felt safe I'm sure and he had fun feeding from the safe place. When the bread ran out we went over to Smitties for hot choclate and it was good. Then went out to the army store south of town. They have so much stuff I wonder how they do inventory??? Then we went to the D.I. and Rob found that Trophy for his brother. I enjoyed the fun he and Jana were having over the find. Andra came down that evening and stayed over night. it was a fun time at my house. The next day Andra left first then after evrerything was cleaned up and we had dinner everyone left for home. Was good to get the call the Utah family arrived safely home.
In our ward we have some kind of a ward dinner type thing and the different organizations sponser the food. This month was the annual chili cook off. thirsa picked me up and we had several bowls of chili of different kinds. I felt we picked out the best ones. Since Steve gets home from work too late to go she brings him some thing home.
Thursdays are my standing hair appt. I decided I owe that to my self and Marilyn Harris does a great job with what she has to work with.
Elaine and I vist taught Kris Richards had made appoint. with Nancy for tues. evening but during the evening mon. the 9th I started not feeling well. I woke up with chills and nausea. Elaine made that visit for us. On Wedsday I felt good so went with Jeanette and Melba to Chizz's in St. Anthony. All went well till about one are two Thursday A.M. I was so sick and so achey I didn't care if any thing happened that day. I took so many ibuprophen for the next week to stand the acke in my muscles and joints. I totally lost my appetite and had to force my self to drink water and juice for the next 4 or 5 days. I would not wish that onto my worst enemy. The Drs. nurse told me stay home, drink lots of clear fluids, stay warm, and don't give it to anyone else. So I did all of the above till the 18th. Thirsa decieded I was well enough to go to the over sixty's and that was my first venture out. It was so good to get out again. I went and enjoyed the time with our group the few who came. It took me awhile longer to get to feeling like a human again. Clay and karen brought me food a few times and that was good as I didn't feel like fixing.
On thurs. I kept my hair appointment and on Sunday whuile in Sunday School I looked out and it looked like snow coming down. After the men left I said to one iof the sisters sitting in front of me that it looked like snow. She assured me it wasn't but then she got up went and pulled the curtain open a little and said it is snowing. My car was well covered by the time we got out and I had tio scrape windows. I did have help from one of the men who was cleaning his car. My hair got a bit et and so my hair wasn't very good for the next two weeks as the next Thursday was Thansgiving.
My visiting teachers came on Monday and Penny came on tuesday for the holiday. I did so enjoy having her here and all the hard work she put in helping. We joined with Cly, Karen, Lainie and Cj. Lenell and boys for thanksgiving. Dinner was sooo good and it was good to be with family. We called Susan and she came down Sat. 28th and we had dinner and such a good visit with her. Since she works I don't see her often. She wanted to go to Winco so we went with her then to Sam's. None of us bought much she wanted bulk cinnamon from Winco to fill her big can and she found I think one othr thing. I got some candy Penny likes and can't think what else not much. At Sam's she wanted some of the good and plenty candy [licorce] I got a book and penny got some thing so we walk out with very little from there. However it gave us more time with Susan since Stew is in the middle east and she and Holly are home alone now.
I went to tithing settlement on Sundy 29th and it took a few minutes for the bishop to pull my donations up. When I went in he looked at me said Donna didn't you pay tithing this yeat as he handed me a paper with my name and not much else. since the clerk wasn't there he went back to the clerks office spent a few minutes there and brought out my list of donations. He said I was listed under the donner listing what ever that means and he didn't know either. Penny and I went to Clay and Karens for Thanksgiving left overs and they were still delicous.
Monday we went up to Rexburg to visit a friend of penny's that moved there early fall. as we headed up toward Rexburg Penny wanted to know if we could go to the cemetary so we stopped at WalMart for wreath and went up to the cemetary. We had to wde in snow so Penny pulled her socks off as she wore her sandals. When we got back in the car she dusted snow from shoes and put her socks back on to warm her feet. We came home and the first of Dec. she left me. but not before she had spent many hours on Sat. and Mon. doing my Chtistmas decorations. She wanted my nativities out before she left and I doubt I'd have been able to drag them all up stairs this year. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND I DO ENJOY THE CLOCKS SINGING TO ME AND LOOKING AT THE NATIVITIES.
One other thing for any who don't already know Penny was calle into be intervieiwed to officiate in the temple. I'm so happy for to have this expierience.

2 comments:

CJ & LJ said...

It was nice to see you for a little bit Grandma. We are sorry we were rushing about so...I had a sister over from Boise I don't get to see much.

J said...

I miss you Grandma! Love, Andra