I keep thinking I'll do this today then today ends and I haven't started. When I got up I set the Ironing board up and guess what it is waiting but I decieded I must do this today then iron.
From my December calendar notes I guess nothing happened on the first as I didn't write a note. The 2nd was Gene Bauer's b/d I remember sending a card to him a bit late.
Sunday was Stake conference It was one of the best I can remember Not because our presidency was changed but every talk was so inspired. I hated to see the change but nine years is a long time for that responsebility. We got good men in so I have no doubts about them being the right ones.
One day I think on friday last month I opened the door on the cabinet below the sink to find a stinky wet mess. I cleaned it up and went on my way thinking by tightening up the washers on the drains I had it fixed but next time I used the disposal it happened again. What a mess to clean up. If I turned the water on in that sink it leaked water. So I plugged the drain in the sink to remind me I don't need that. I called the Plumber man and he came on dec. 2nd. He took the disposal off and showed me a leak that had started in the disposal. All the tightening wouldn't have fixed the problem. He had brought a new disposal because of what I told him on the phone. So some Dollars later he was on his way and I have a disposal again and clean under the sinks. My christmas present to me from me. Nothing is cheap to repair.
Thursday the 3rd I got a perm again. It always feels good to have some curl and a new look.
Had planned to go to the temple with Andra and Lanie but due to illness their's not mine we didn't go. I stayed home and enjoyed the nativities Penny had put up while here for thanksgiving. Then went to lunch with Clay and Jim.
Sat. I was home all day so nothing to exciting. I got Mcclaskey's mail and papers while they were in Boise for a few day's visit with her sisters family. What great friends and neighbors they are.
Monday I had a routine visit with the Dr. he has a nurse practioner working with him she came in the room and we discussed all that was going on and I told her I need a thing looked at on my chest. She looked at it and said "you've got an abcess" She proceeded to get all the stuff to open it up and drain it. Well it didn't drain very well as the stuff was so thick. She ended up digging it out and there was a lot. Thank goodness for the stuff to deaden it. When I finally left the waiting room was packed. Since the Dr. bought his own office he only has two pt. rooms now. I had all those people waiting while I was being torchered. Ha!! I redressed that thing every day for oh so long then it reinfected. more about that later.
Weds. was my lunch date with Melba and Jeanette it was my turn so we went to Sizzler. Then when Jeanette took Melba home she invited us in to play scrabble. I did a little better this time but still can't beat Melba. We talked about the Christmas decorations she had up and I told them Penny had put my nativities up. As we left Melba said when can we come see them? I said I'd let them know. Well at church on Sunday Jeanette ask if I still planned to have them come see my nativities. So I called Melba to see if she was free on Weds. and set the date for then. Jeanette picked Melba up on her way here and they made the tour of my place. Then we went down to the old O.E.Bell school and had lunch in a place that is called "The Deli". from there we went to see the nativities in the I.F. Museum. It was too early to just go home so Melba decieded since it was still early in the day we should play scrabble. I did a little better today but Melba has played too often with her family to be beat.
Today was my hair appointment. Marilyn only charges ten bucks to fix my hair every thursday. She only works tues. and thurs. That is closest to sunday and my hair still looks a bit good for church. Andra said Angie is working at the hair school again. No wonder I couldn't reach her. Anyway I enjoy going to Marilyn and she doesn't charge as much as the younger girls.
Today Andra, Lanie and I went to the temple. When we got into the celestial room we sat and was just spending time and thoughts when a man approached Andra and Lanie and talked to them. I thought he was going to show them the sealing room but instead we were all three invited to help with sealings. That was a great expierience for all to just be ask as we were about to leave. We went to Bajio's for our lunch after then evreyone went home. I told them we should do that every month but now with them in school etc. that may not happen.
Sat. 19th was the Christmas ward brunch. What a crowd we had. I think some one went out and beat the bushes to have all the tables full and they had set up all the tables in the cultural hall. Food was so good and the old time fiddlers played. then since Steve and Shirefa were here I was invited to dinner at the McClaskey's. They have thier fourth grandchild on the way. I was so well fed this day. Then on Sunday"s at Clay and Karens who always feed me well.
Tuesday 22nd a trip to the dentist and I had one of my old gold crowns trying to fall off so he re set it. Penny came for Christmas trying to beat the snow storms. Weds. I gave the R. S. lesson at the care center. I was to give a conference talk but decieded to use the Dec. magazine and give a christmas lesson.
Chuck and Shirley and Trent came on tuesday so they did some shopping while I was gone wed. and I"m not sure what Penny did but I wasn't gone more than an hour so nobody had time to miss me.
Thursday Chuck Shirley and Trent left to spend Christmas with Jana's family. I was happy to still have Penny here. Andra stopped by that evening as she was on her way to Jana's. Was good to see her again. Penny and I went to Clay and Karen's for breakfast on christmas A.M.and it was really good food. We got to visit with Scott and Denisse and Ryan and Kara on the scype thing.It was so fun to see all of them since they are so far away. After the visiting Clay Karen and Lanie opened their gifts and we had a good quick dinner before coming home.
Monday Penny and I went to visit Susan and see Jon and Ruth while they were here was so fun to spend time with them again. Susan had good left over food that we helped eat. They played a game and I opted to watch which I enjoyed more than trying to learn a new game. Jeffery's eye looks good for all he's been through and their Lisa is growing so fast and both so cute. We planned to get home before dark but it didn't happen. Was another good Dec. day well spent.
On Weds. I had an appointment to see my eye Dr. and he said the glaucoma is looking like the drops are keeping it from progressing. I gave the lesson at the care center again and helped take the sisters to their places. My eyes were still funny from being dialated but I made it. We also started taking my decorations down on Tues. finished on weds.
Dec 31st Penny and I shopped for the New years dinner and she was excited to invite everyone to our house. It wasn't such a huge job for me with her help. Cj and Lenell came by and opened the gifts I had for them and we enjoyed a good time with them and the boy's. They stayed at Clay and Karen's. Will try to tell about New Years dinner next month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment