Tuesday, November 10, 2009

wake up call [by phone] sunday evening nov.8,2009

Chuck called sunday evening said I should write about my trying to learn to swim. On talking about it I found out he didn't think I'd written about the electric fence thing. I've spent the days since trying to see if I wrote about it. I guess I didn't as I haven't found it.

We still lived by the Slacks before moving up on the state farm place. It was one of those hot summer days when all the children went into the canal across the road from our homes. As I got in all at once everyone I think started splashing water on me. The fence crossed the canal and I grabbed onto it. Laws had strung an electric fence across the canal and the power was turned on. The early fences was straight electric no pause so I was being hit hard. I'd let go with one hand after taking hold with the other changing from one to the other. I think I must have been shouting for help. Of course no one dared grab me as they too would be getting shocked. Why it didn't kill me I"m not sure since I was waist deep in water. Thanks to a dear brother who had the wisdom to run about a quarter mile to open a gate that broke the connection. Baker was bare footed and the road was dirt and rocks. He didn't stop for anything as he ran. Aunt Leah tried to call Laws got no answer so the connection couldn't be broken there.
I owe my life to Baker I guess and probably mom's prayers.

Oct. 2009 When this month started I called a lady in our ward who does hair in a shop not too far away as I couldn't get Angie as I was told her phone wasn't working. Marilyn gave me a much needed perm on the first. On the second I collected Thirsa's mail and paper over the week end. Andra came stayed till mon. when she went back to Rexburg and school. I see LMenell had a birthday with out any of us. Monday A>M> we had a bit of snow melted by the time Andra left. at 2:30. I haven't had the fireplace turned on for a few years as I didn't want any children getting burns since they loved to climb on the hearth. Clay and Jim came by and turned it on today the 6th. Elaine picked me up this evening and we visit taught the new lady that was assigned last month. She has a b/d in a few days so since she didn't call me back I decieded to take the R>S> monthly thing we get with all activities and every one's names address's and phone numbers. I included a little B/d gift and put it all in a baggie took it over slit a hole in it and hung it on her front door. Then I called and left a message that it was there since I wasn't sure she used her front door. She called me back that night and we were able to see her. Oh and I wrote her a note of my admiration for her. Elaine said I was really Brave to do that. How ever it worked. We had a very nice visit with her and I think she was happy we showed up.
I went to TLC with thirsa today weds. since we couldn't go tues. we did our own. thought about mom since her b/d was the 7th. A good day or me.

After my perm last week I set a date for thurs. 8th to have her curl my hair and have been doing that every thurs. since. It looks nice for a few days. Andra called to stay over night as she was headed to SLC to see a friend and stay with Jana. all on the 8th. She left for SLC and since it was fri. Steve next door came and fixed my leaking in the sprinkler system since levi couldn't come and the water was running out and up on the lawn. I did turn the water off in the basement when I found it.
Arlene came by and took me to Denese's father in laws funeral at Salem. He had a very nice funeral and thanks to Bill it didn't go on for ever. They took him out to the cemetary where Ty is burried since he had lived out there for so many of his early years. We came home. Steve came back and blew out my Sprinkler system. What great neighbors I have.

Lanie called and she and I had lunch to gether today. It is always good to spend time with my grand daughters. Today the 13th I didn't do anything great except haul my recycle stuff away.

Today the second Wed. had lunch with Melba and Jeanette we talked about going to chizz's in St Anthony if the weather co,operates in Nov. We went to the Canton, food was as always good.
Then since this thurs. was the third one this month we had our over sixty's lunch at the church. is always interesting and enjoyable.

I had noticed I was over my miles for a service job so had that and wheels checked and aligned.
also got a new battery in one of my key fobs.
Lunch with Clay and Jim then they came to try and get my computer fixed. That fixing took most of the rest of the month. I don't have addessess listed for eazy access but will one day. Clay listed the addresses for getting into the blogs.

Sat. 17th the stake High priesthood put on their yearly dinner tonite was fun and good food. Steve and Thirsa took me with them. my how they look out for me.

No notes for 18th and 19th but Penny came on the 20th and Clay and Jim mowed for the last time this year. I couldn't hardly believe how much the lawn grew since their other last time mowing.

I had an appointment at the Drs. on my b/d so Penny went with me to be sure I ask the questions we talked about. She wanted to go to Kohl's so we did that then we went to get her some new garments. I had a few things for the D>I> and when we got almost there she said oh I forgot my reccommend. No garments this trip. Clay Karen and Lanie picked us up and we went to my favorite place red lobster in Pocatello. Dinner was excellent and the company superb. I got oh so many cards and phone calls what a long drawn out b/d it was. It went on for the rest of the month and some of the sisters at church have ask if I had a good B/d. What can I say except it was so great. Was nice to have Penny here to help celebrate. The 22nd Lanie and Andra came and helped Penny fix us a good lunch. THEY MADE ME A B/D CAKE SINCE i DIDN'T HAVE ONE.
Sunday 25 th Andra stayed over nite again and monday we had lunch together be fore she went back to Rexburg. Thirsa has wanted to take me to lunch for my b/d so we went to Sizzlers the 27th. was good food and conversation. C>J> and lenell stopped by for a few moments before flying out for their get away in Seattle. They had dropped Avery off at her folks and Andrew of at Clay and Karen's. Clay had a great time entertaining that grandson. Was as always fun to see my grand children. So happy they had a good time on their get away.

The 29th I had a hair appointment had lunch with Clay and Jim and they came to try and finish up my computer. So happy to have it up and running again. Sat. 31st Clay Cj and Andrew came and picked up the shotguns again for one last shoot with Andrew. Clay said it was so fun watching Andrew shoot. So another month is gone.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

Fine stuff. You really are busy. I'm glad you're getting over the flu.

Also, you once told me - if my failing memory serves - that you'd first learned to swim in canals. Then a few years ago, you learned "proper" swimming at the Aquatic Center. True or false?

Denisse said...

Grandma, it sounds like you are keeping yourself busy! I'm glad you had a good birthday and had an enjoyable time with family!

We love you! and miss you lots!:)